[3830] ARRL June VHF K2PI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2pi@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2PI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:31:42 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  47     22  Total Score = 1,100

Club:

Comments:

Enjoyed the contest, in spite of the lack of propagation throughout, and my
limited capabilities.  This is the first contest with a decent (3-El LFA yagi)
on 6 since returning stateside a few years ago, and I think I might have at the
least quadrupled the QSO's with some ES.  As it was, I was very lucky to work
WD5K, K7XC, KR5V, AA%AM, N5JR, N5JF, K5GDX, NR5M, and K5QE in the EM grids on
the very narrow burst of Es that I encountered on Sunday.  My gear for 2 and
440 consisted of my little FT-817ND coupled to a 10/5 yagi on a pole on the
deck.  To those who really worked to dig my tiny signal out of the noise and
give me a contact on those bands, thanks.  This includes people like W3CCX and
the very patient K1RZ, who really worked to give me that last 440 CW contact.
Next time, I'm taking the 706MKIIG out of the car and giving everyone's nerves
a break.  Thanks for the fun everyone.

K3, FT-817ND, InnoAntenna 3-El LFA for 6, Cushcraft 10/5 Yagi for 2 and 440.