[3830] IARU B5HQ(@BY5CD) Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU B5HQ(@BY5CD) Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:03:00 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: B5HQ
Operator(s): BA4ALC BA7IO
Station: BY5CD

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: NINGBO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:    46            7        5
   40:   437    57     30       24
   20:  1177    82     43       38
   15:  1118   539     36       37
   10:   187    26     19       10
-------------------------------------
Total:  2965   704    135      113  Total Score = 3,673,624

Club:

Comments:

After 10 years of large team CRSA HQ cooperation, it is time to have a rest and
think what to do next. This year CRSA HQ station was only a 2O2R setup in
BY5CD.

The propagation was good in the first 10 hours in the evening, which we were
mostly running with high rate in 15m and 20m band, 40m was workable but not as
good as the higher bands. It took us some time in the 2nd hour to solve the
problem of one of the K3s, finally we changed to a backup IC 7800. Then we
suffered next 10 hours in the daytime, the propagation was almost dead which
made us sad. Last 4 hours propagation came back gradually, so running is
possible, we added more 15m, 40m and even 80 QSOs

This was a lower score compared with those years of large team work. We still
satisfied with the result cause of we were only two operators to work all
band/modes.