[3830] NA Sprint CW WS7L HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WS7L HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 21:14:40 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   30    0:35
   40:   83    1:20
   20:  109    2:05
---------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team: Boring Oregon Team

Comments:

I keep gradually improving at sprints. I'm about 5% better than my last full
sprint a year ago, though my best hour was 10% better. I stumbled less this
time and think there are maybe only two of you that I need to apologize to for
losing track of where I was and mutilating the exchange. And one of you brought
it on yourself by hitting me with a weird name that made my brain hurt a bit
even after a repeat.

There seem to be three phases to the sprint for me. The first half hour is
frantic, everyone's new, and I'm working on getting into the groove. Then it's
pretty smooth for the rest of my time on 20. It gets even easier once I change
down to 40 because I already know almost everybody, I know what calls to
expect, and instead of struggling to copy name and QTH I'm reading what I
already have and just correcting it.

73 and thanks for all the Q's
Carl WS7L
K-line, HF-2V for 80/40, 3 el homebrew monobander up 35 feet for 20.