[3830] CQ WW RTTY OL9A(OK2ZAW) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY OL9A(OK2ZAW) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:39:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OL9A
Operator(s): OK2ZAW
Station: OL7M

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Policko
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  863      34      57    14
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  863      34      57    14  Total Score = 197,610

Club:

Comments:

Hi everyone.
Another nice RTTY contest. My first RTTY operation was during CQ WW RTTY 2010
as SOSB80m LP. It was great fun and I lost my heart for RTTY :) There were
another two years as OL7M in Multi category. We couldn't do the same again this
year because of busyness of all another operators :( But never mind, we (Pavel
OK1MU and Dan OK1HRA) spent a few weekends to build new 80m antenna system. It
is 4el sloper system as last year but on new tower and with better performance.
Single dipol is more then 300 kHz BW for SWR 1:1,5... A day before I could
connect it into the shack, build beverages and started to test it in the
contest.

I found big disadvantage of this antenna. I was really weak during afternoon
and morning in EU. I made more NA (153) then DL (152) stations! And also do
have a problem to call EU station sometimes... Next time, the classic dipole is
necessary! Anyway I have lost a few mults, because I was in NonAss category.
Only mult that I din't make was GW... I calld him at my CQ frequency not on his
one... bad mistake.

I have also tested new antenna switching system: OpenStack from QRO.cz :
http://ok2zaw.blogspot.cz/

It is open-source and open-hw universal switch for 4Sq, antenna stack and RX-TX
antenna matrix, etc. It is still under development, but if you are interested
in, let me know! We would like to use it as well for remote control:
http://remoteqth.com/

And just one thing for Costy IC8TEM. You have asked me in your 3830 post for JA
stations. I thing, there were no strong condx, but I worked 4 JAs, they called
me. Congrats to your score!

Thanks a lot to everyone who called me and sorry who I didn't copy :(

see you in another rtty contest

Jan OK2ZAW / OL9A   /  OL7M