[3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:09:13 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   26   72     0    72
   40:  177  150    10   150
   20:  265  120    60   120
   15:  158  138    95   138
   10:   97   84   165    84
------------------------------
Total:  723  564   330   564  Total Score = 593,892

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

Just 3 weeks post-surgery, and although there have been no problems with the op
itself, the anaesthetic has left me very tired and listless.
It was very hard to stay in the chair and keep going, and there were a few
times when I was nearly asleep. This made it difficult to concentrate on the
QTC's.

Saturday provided the best propagation, with all 10 US call areas worked on 15
and 10m. Also bagged a few nice ones towards the CQ Marathon award, which was
nice.

Only a couple of gripes....
Big-guns working me, then sitting so close I am rendered deaf and have to QSY.
Stations calling me whilst receiving QTC's.
As per Steve VK3TDX, I echo his request for the serial number 3 times. I had
too many sending it just once, as well as twice, where both were different.
If I ask for a repeat of the number, PLEASE send just the number, not the full
exchange again!
Why do stations call me with my call TWICE, then theirs fades into QSB?

Some highlights:
Working Gary AL9A, exchanging QTC's with W7WW and W7RN on 10m, finding KH6ZM on
20m just calling CQ, and working AA5AU on 4 bands, even though he has just
undergone major surgery (unlike my minor op!).

Made far fewer QTC's this year, which affected the score. But, I did have one
European station trying to get me to receive his QTC's!

Great fun, and good to see you all!

73 de Phil GU0SUP