[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2fgk@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:22:05 +0000
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: WA2FGK
Operator(s): K2LNS
Station: WA2FGK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  164    34
    2:  215    44
  222:   77    28
  432:   91    29
  903:   20     8
  1.2:   33    12
  2.3:   14     6
  3.4:    9     5
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  623   166  Total Score = 160,356

Club: Mount Airy

Comments:

Very bad line noise on 50 mhz. 5 and 10 ghz tower ruined during an ice storm in
December. Had to use a very low antenna on 432 since my tropo antenna was on
the 10 ghz tower. 903 receiver is dead. Used a K3 for the first time on 144
mhz. Tremendous to reduce overload here on the hill. New problem is scatter
stations and EME doing digital on the same freq range. That must be looked
into.
When I saw how bad the line noise was on 50 MHz I almost did not op this
contest. Then felt I needed to give out my much needed grid during this
contest.
Getting old but still gave my best. Thanks to all my old friends and new
Herb K2LNS  Stn mgr for the WA2FGK station