[3830] CQ160 CW OZ7YY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz7yy@mail.dk
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OZ7YY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:54:39 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OZ7YY
Operator(s): OZ7YY
Station: OZ7YY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Laven
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1191  State/Prov = 31  Countries = 73  Total Score = 716,872

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

Conditions fair the first night, but very poor the second night.
The second night started with a good opening to the far east, but nearly
nothing from the west later on.
There were still too many stations with heavy click.
Many of the clicking stations were big clubstations.
Many even stronger stations had excellent signals without click.
When a station is set up for the contest, it should be very easy to ask a few
stations on the band to listen for click on the signal.
Even the most expensive transmitter will make click if it is not used correct!

An even bigger problem is that some station deliberately set up their stations
to make as much click as possible.
Now and then I had to tune across a few (strong) stations to find the clicking
stations several kHz away.
I made a list of some of the clicking stations:
8S0DX, DA0I, DJ0MDR, DK1NO, DL1AUZ, HG1S, HG8DX, I4EWH, LY2MM, LY5W, OH5Z,
OH6MW, OK1DTC, OK1T, OK2SAR, OK2W, OK7K, OL3Z,
OL50OL, OM2VL, OM5WW, OM7M, ON9CC, PA3FYM, PI4DX, S54W, S57AW, SK7DX, SM0W,
SN3R, SN9O, SP8W, UA5C, UX5NQ.
The list could easily be much longer.
Last year there were talks about a network of sdr radios around the world,
recording all the activity on the band.
I hope that the contest committee will take some action, when they have checked
the recordings.
It is time for a warning to the offenders.
A contest without clicking stations would be much more enjoyable.
I am quite sure, that more stations would take part in the contest if we could
get rid of the bad signals.

Vy 73
Finn
oz7yy