[3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(KL2A) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jon.kl2a@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(KL2A) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 19:20:11 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): KL2A
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   26    22
   80:  322    50
   40:  633    72
   20: 1107    86
   15: 1021    92
   10:  921    85
-------------------
Total: 4030   407  Total Score = 4,764,669

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My thanks to Mr. John Evans, N3HBX for allowing my return to pilot the
Poolesville station.  Thanks to Rich, NN3W as well.

What a weekend!  This was the week of the big snow storm and I was lucky to
thread-the-needle from Newport Beach, CA to get in on time for this one.  That
said, I started the contest and the first Q hit at :10 after the hour!

I have been coming east for various contests for years and truly enjoy the
rigorous battle to earn my stripes out East.  It is a much slower process than
I anticipated... As of today, 5th USA in the box reflects improvement.

My highlights:

- 2500 Qs at the 24 hour mark

- Fastest Hour: 208/hr on 10M at 1323 - 1422 ZULU

- 300+ 2nd Radio Q's

- Slept 4 hours from 0815-1015 time-frames with one additional CME-induced nap
early in the contest

Lesson Learned: More SO2R

Special note:  This year I tried to run more and hunt less.  Typically, I go
for the higher mults and get caught up in the hunt of rare openings and my Q's
suffer.

Congrats to N2NT, N2IC, K1ZZ, AA1K and WX0B(AD5Q) who scored very well this
year.

See you in Boston!

73 Jon, KL2A
http://about.me/kl2a