[3830] WPX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 18:22:32 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:   85
   40:  480
   20: 1011
   15: 1688
   10: 2807
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were amazing and truly unforgettable.  Unfortunately, for me, it did
not translate into a great score as I was down from the last two years.

The great propagation required more strategy adjustment than I anticipated.  I
did start on 10 for the first time ever, and had over 340 Q's there the first
night.  However, I did not plan for the lowbands to be as unproductive as they
were, and it was surprisingly hard to generate rate in the morning toward
Europe.

Despite the score being down, I will never forget running JA at 930PM local
time on 10 and working Europe on 15 right up the end of the contest.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and thanks to the sponsors for making this fun
event possible

73, Tom W2SC 8P5A

QSL LoTW, NN1N