[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:10:39 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 18.9
Radios: SO2R

   40:   36      8
   20:  351    165
   15:   45     13
   10:
--------------------
Total:  432    186  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 59  Total Score = 132,300

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Once again I couldn't quit .. too much fun! Other than a 30 minute nap during a
slow time and a timeout as Sunday morning thunderstorms moved through, the
action kept me entertained all weekend. Two Hesston College students had
planned to help, but neither showed up .. probably too close to finals week.

In general, conditions were good from Kansas to Florida. The panhandle was weak
at the start which cost me an early mixed sweep, but no complaints. 40m
surprised me with some unexpected contacts with the mobiles during the day on
Saturday, but as our storms moved closer, that went away. I checked 10m from
time to time with no success.

The intrepid group of mobiles who made the starting line did a FB job.  It
seemed like there weren't many SSB mobiles this year. A number of the mobiles
listed as MIXED on the web site weren't going to SSB, so the Saturday night
planning for a SSB sweep went out the window. My mixed sweep came late at 0056Z
with N4GI/m in Hardee. I managed to miss two mobiles in Holmes, so didn't sweep
CW until right at the end with NO5W/m. Chuck had a huge pilup going in Holmes
.. terrific job!

Overall, I missed DES FRA GUL HAR HIG MON NAS and UNI on SSB. I like to try for
a Sunday sweep, and actually could have done it this year if I'd have duped one
of several stations I heard in ESC. All counties were on and workable for me
both days, very FB planning by the FCG. The execution was just lacking on my
end :-) I worked 172 unique calls.

Let's see if I can list all the mobiles this time. Sorry for the dupes at the
end. My fingers started typing N on a few of the W and K calls (getting tired),
so I knew they were dupes but couldn't figure out why they weren't showing up
that way. Just logged them and figured it out later.

83 K4KG - Always a learning experience with George, very very FB.
45 K4OJ - Easy to find and always seemed to be in a new county.
36 K5YAA - That KW rocks, Jerry!
31 NO5W - I'll send you some audio from that pileup in Holmes! RR
31 N4GI - Consistently loudest signal into Kansas this year ...
30 N4UU - ... but N4UU was a close second!
29 K1XX - Easy call to pick out.
26 W4MY - Thanks for Nassau at the end for my "Sunday sweep".
25 W4AN - You were really loud on 20, but no luck on 15 (I tried).
21 N4AO - thanks for the Qs!
12 N4FP - thanks for the Qs!
11 KN4Y - thanks for the Qs!
09 N4CW - thanks for the Qs!
08 W5RE - Bob was /m to his sailboat and gave me some counties.
          Worked him again /mm on Sunday (a dupe :-)
06 K4FCG - Couldn't find you on 20m later on Sunday, did you stay on 15?
03 K1RG N4DAB
02 W8UE N9RD

Fixed stations:

5 K1TO
4 K3TW W4UH WO4O

If I left someone off, I apologize. I've been late on a number of writeups
lately, but if I don't do it tonight, it won't get done until school is out!
Thanks to the FCG for putting on another great show, and to ALL the ops who
make this so much fun.

Please join us August 23-24 for the Kansas QSO Party. See you all down the log

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC