[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RL M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 04:07:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL KL2A
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:   10     6        5
   80:  136    16       27
   40:  817    32       97
   20:  802    39      127
   15: 1272    37      130
   10:  940    31      117
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Jon, KL2A, for making the trip to Camano Island. Once again, it
was great to share the operating duties with such a great op!

What a weekend! Flares, radio black outs, and a local wind storm created some
interesting challenges. The bands disappeared at one point Saturday afternoon,
but returned fairly quickly after one of the stronger flares hit during our
daylight hours. I don't think the K index ever dropped below 2 or 3, or the A
index below 9 or 10. We definitely felt roller coaster ride!

If that wasn't enough, the wind began to gust Saturday evening and we lost
power for two hours in the middle of prime time running. What a bummer! At the
time, we didn't know how long it would be out, but we knew it would cost us -
it was just a matter of how much. In the end, we probably lost several hundred
Qs, but worked extra hard afterwards to battle back and keep our effort
moving.

Even though Mother Nature didn't cut us any slack this weekend, we still had
fun and enjoyed the mostly good conditions.

Thanks to all for the Qs!