[3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:51:16 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:   16    64     0    48
   40:   97   291     0   120
   20:  214   428   120   132
   15:  181   362   100   140
   10:  112   228   240    94
-------------------------------
Total:  622  1373   460   534  Total Score = 577,788

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

Came down with a heavy head-cold on Thursday, and this continued right through
the weekend, which didn't help with the concentration needed for this contest.
As a consequence, I set my goals quite low - 500 Q's and 500 QTC's.
Somehow, I missed out on the QTC target, but I was happy with 622 QSO's,
including one with W1AW/7 on 20m for that last State on 20m, and he was kind
enough to give out a serial number! Thanks to the op there!

I could have spent another hour in the contest, but made a diversion to 17m
around 1900UTC to bag W1AW/0 (KS), which I needed for my W1AW/p WAS.
Only missed a W7 on 10m.

I also spent some time during the contest trying for FT4TA, but to no avail.

It was great to work some W/VE stations on 4 bands too, sadly 80m didnt play
ball for me. It was extremely noisy here, and I could only hear the loudest
stations.

Surprised to see that 10m was best for QTC traffic too. It would have been
possible to exchange some with W/VE stations on 40m, but it seemed churlish to
do so when conditions are usually so much better on the higher bands.

There were far fewer stations saying NO QTC too, which was good, but I also
noticed that some calls were missing from the contest. Maybe they were at
multi-stations instead, or did they just avoid QTC traffic totally?

Also managed to get a new band-slot too! Thanks to both TG9ANF and TG9IIN for
the contacts on 40m.

The other contests took away some mults too. I noticed some of the major JA
RTTY ops were taking part in the JIDX contest, and the OK/OM contest took away
a few more ops.

Only a couple of gripes..... Why do folk call you during transmission of QTC's?
I can accept that having it happen once can be just a mistake, but one
particular op did it to me twice on 2 different bands.
And when I was running a pile-up, why do folk continually call over each other,
even when an exchange is taking place?
That got a little annoying once or twice, but maybe it was because my head felt
lousy, and my temper was a little shorter than usual!
last gripe was folk who called me, then didn't respond, so I worked the next
station, and then they call over that, asking for me to repeat the serial.

Still, despite feeling lousy the whole weekend, I did enjoy the contest, which
is probably my favourite one of the year.

Thanks to all for the fun, and the points! See you in the next one....

73 de Phil GU0SUP