[3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 03:49:06 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1365  Sections = 81  Countries = 8  Total Score = 245,907

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I was delayed on getting this posted due to a family medical issue.

Paul was busy with an event this weekend and his Rent-A-Rev on Sunday, so I was
Single-OP for this one.  I decided to try the new SO-A category.  I thought it
would be a waste of time on a small band like 160.  But I thought in the end it
was a benefit.

No EU opening on the first night.  Then on the 2nd night a couple stations.
Only 8 countries overall.

Countries worked:  F, G, GW, OK, V3, XE, ZF, PJ2

Worked all sections except NL & NT

I started the contest with a goal on 1200 QSO's (had 960 at the end of the
first night).  I made that and then some.

I was not counting on the poor showing in the list of countries worked though.
At least it got a bit better the second night.

Thanks to Paul for the use of the "Big Iron" and all the fun.

73, John  K0TG

http://qth.com/w0aih/