[3830] CQ160 CW K5ZD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5zd@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5ZD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:38:06 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 558  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 42  Total Score = 248,031

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions the first night were not very good. Seemed like I could only work
stations within 500 miles.  Did work 2 Europeans (CS2C and CS2F).

Second night was the complete opposite. Loud Europeans and they were easy to
work. Got lucky to find a good CQ frequency and was about to work 174 Europeans
in about 2 hours.  West Coast was also much easier to work.

4L5O was the best DX I could hear and not work.

Missed OK, MT, NV, NE, SD, MB, SK.  And where was VY2ZM?!

Station:
Radio: K3 + Alpha 76CA
Antennas: 1/4-wave GP, shunt fed tower

           160   Total      %