[3830] ARRLDX CW K9GY SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9GY SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 02:16:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:  145    50
   20:  180    84
   15:  186    83
   10:  194    77
-------------------
Total:  705   294  Total Score = 621,810

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well that was some fun! Goal: 125 per band = 500 total...Met and surpassed
initial goals. Last time I operated from home (in this contest) was 2010 and
was glad to beat that score. Took a little while to get used to W3LPL skimmer
spot speed but loved it after adjusting to it. Missed the second 12 hours of
the contest (06z-18z) due to prior commitments....nothing like losing 25% of
the contest, hah!  Last six hours or so got into chasing mults maybe a little
too much.

Icom IC-7100, Cushcraft vertical, Palstar AT2K, and microHam MKII
Had better success using the 250 filter versus the 500 filter. Wish it could be
adjusted to 300. Not sure if the audio output from the 7100 is low or I'm used
to the FT-857D?

Dx wise the best part was working Z81X for an all-time new one for DXCC....yes!
Thank you for making the trip to South Sudan!

Working friends around the world is awesome! When's the next one?!

CQ CONTEST!
Eric