[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:57:33 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 15

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 0.4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   8      8
   15:   9      8
   10:   2      1
-------------------
Total:  19     17  Total Score = 323

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Where was everyone on 10m?  I drove away from work and the rig was already on
20m from this morning, so promptly worked 8 guys, bing, bang, boom. Easy.

Then as I was shifting into 6th gear and out on the open road (divided hwy with
almost no traffic) I retuned the antenna for 15m.  Folks were just starting to
arrive and signals were great.  Bing bang boom, 9 more guys.

OK, sez mobile Mike, I'll go see what I missed on 10m.  This was around
18-19past the hour.  VAST WASTELAND.....wait, there's Scotty , W7SW....deep QSB
but huge peaks 5NN.....then Will WJ9B found me on his second radio as I was
CQing.  Also well over S9.....

Got into the slightly slower secondary roads and decided to play it safe and
just CQ.  Called for 10 mins straight and not even one more person worked.

Weird !

N5AW gets the best ears award today.  Pea weak, but got me on the first go.

Was also nice to finally work Larry. WB5EIN...for whatever reason I always seem
to miss him.  Likely band condx and a small mobile signal more than anything.

73 de Mike VE9AA/m...09 MINI parked this morning, but 100% in motion for this
session, 100w, pencil/paper. 857D, SD-330