[3830] FlQP K5YAA SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K5YAA SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 23:22:01 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   58      4
   20:  348     49
   15:  156     28
   10:   17      1
--------------------
Total:  579     82  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 126,776

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Great mobile action as expected in the FQP. Got a CW Sweep at 23:45Z Saturday
evening. I have no idea if that is pretty swift or not. ESC was the last one
and I tried to get W5WMU when Pat started off in ESC first thing Saturday
morning but he wasn't hearing me. The sweep would likely have been much
sooner.

Lot's of mobiles out there. K4OJ and that multi-wagon was fun to work. Their
signal on 15 stayed strong the entire weekend so when I heard K4OJ in a new one
on 20 I would work 'em then immediately switch to 15 knowing they were pounding
away there. It worked so well I put their 15 meter freq. in memory.

I have clamp difficulty with my rotor on the 20/40 meter beam so whichever
direction the wind wanted to point it is what I had to live with. Fortunately
part of the time it was actually pointing at FL. Much of the time though it was
West or Northwest or even Southwest. Regardless the mobiles had good ears and I
rarely missed one due to the windmill rotator.  I could sure tell when it was
looking at Florida however as mobiles built to over S9 most of the time.

Thanks to the fixed stations who diligently worked all the bands. WD5F, WD4AHZ
and W4ARM worked on all four bands. K2ZR/4, WB4AAA and many others were
present. I'm pretty sure I spelled ORANGE maybe even twice plus LEMON and
GRAPEFRUIT too I think. K4FCG/M showed up now and then also for a treat.

Mobile Q Counts are as follows:
AD4ES - 44
K1XX  - 48
K2CIB - 13
K4FCG - 5
K4OJ  - 97
KN4Y  - 29
N4CW  - 12
N4FP  - 37
N5NA  - 38
NO5W  - 42
W4AN  - 36
W4MR  - 46
W5WMU - 33
Thanks to each mobile team for a fun weekend of radio.

UA6LCN, DK3BN, SP9LJD, UA2FZ, DL2OE, UA3AGW, I1EIS, I4VEQ and a host of other
DX stations broke the pileups often with big signals from Europe.

Nice to work NF4A from Bay. He even picked up a microphone and ventured to each
band in search of someone who could hear him. I felt sort of bad for N4 Papa
November. He called and called on 20 meters hoping a Florida station would hear
him. Now and then he got lucky. And that K9PG fellow thought he could bust a
pile with a wire and a 100 watts. He did sneak through now and then and I'm
sure his head swelled when he broke the pileup, a couple of times.  I will deal
with those guys at Dayton.

Thanks to the organizers of the FQP, possibly the premier QSO Party on the
circuit. K4N even took time to chat a little on 20 SSB and urged me to go kick
some butt. The guy behind that mic is an operating animal. Grows oranges for a
living I'm told.

73 es I hope to work many of you from Montana in this year's 7QP. I will be
joined by Matt K7BG a Montana native and CW hound.
Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, 6el 20 3el 40 (both waving willy nilly in the wind) 6el 15
and 8el 10.