[3830] 432SprngSprnt K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:11:58 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10we
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 45  Mults = 22  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 893

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Lots of fun last night.   The Sprint gave us a great platform to experiment with
spotting and assistance that is now part of all of our contests.
The spot window was populated most of the night.  It gave witness to who was on
and as to where I should point antennas.   The ON4KST chat page then allowed
fine tuning of direction, frequency and time to complete some contacts that
otherwise would not be completed. (Sprints are different that full contests)
Conditions were varied.  When I attempted my normal contact to EM95 with W4DEX
I could hardly hear him; but 15 minutes later he was louder than normal.
I managed to complete with K9MRI at 485 miles yet not with K1DY at 482 miles.
There was strong variation in signal strength throughout the evening.
So lots of fun.
See you on 50MHz
73,
Phil K3TUF