[3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@N5YA) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@N5YA) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:16:33 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: N5YA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Milam, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   78
   40:   97
   20:   85
---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Nice to be back on the air after almost 8 months; my longest hiatus since
getting licensed in '02.

Many thanks to Bill, Kay, and Baleigh for their hospitality and thanks to
Marshall, K5QE, for allowing me to slip out of the ARRL VHF Contest for a
couple of hours to play on HF.

I brought along my K3 and played with it for the first time in a real contest;
it's a winner. I felt like I could hear a whole lot in such tight spaces. I
did, however, find out that pressing the AFX button while the radio is
transmitting gives an ERR PTT and ERR KEY message. It took me a couple of
minutes to solve that problem.

This was my first time operating at Bill's station and it played beautifully.
QRN was very low and made 40/80 a whole lot of fun. Now that I've got 2 K3's it
looks like I may need to give SO2R a try to boost my (continuously) low mult
total.

As usual, the best 4 hours of radio still even with the low participation.

Elecraft K3
Win-Test V4.18.0-dev
2x 3el tribander
2x 2el 40m