[3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:26:19 +0000
Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: Dane Co.
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:      0        0
   80:    101        0
   40:    178       26
   20:     73       48
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
    6:      0        0
    2:      0        0
  UHF:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    352       74  Mults = 96  Total Score = 113,199.0

Club: Four Lakes ARC

Comments:

This was my first operation in WIQP from home in Madison since 1984. From 1985
until 1992 I operated from our cabin in somewhat rare Sawyer Co in northern
Wisconsin. Since then I've operated mobile every year except for one year when
we were out of the country. Somewhat serious foot/ankle surgery in January
precluded any mobile operation this year. Darn. That keeps my quest to operate
solo mobile from all 72 Wisconsin counties at 24 to go. So I operated from my
temporary home station in our kitchen this year (haven't been able to do stairs
to my basement station for the past 2 months). There was a pretty much steady
stream of callers. When things slowed down I either switched bands or mode or
did some S&P looking for the mobiles. I managed to work 56 counties, and 40
of the contiguous lower 48 states. Some observations. Best rate was on 20 phone.
I had the rate meter at 100-120 the whole time I was there. Lots of 3 band
(20/40/80) QSOs on CW. I spent about 5 minutes CQing on 15 without a single
reply before I gave up. About 25 years ago I worked over 300 stations on 10
meter phone in the first 3 hours from Sawyer Co. The high bands apparently have
fallen into disuse in this one.  I worked zero Canadians. This must be a first
in the 35+ years I've been doing this. I worked a half dozen Europeans all on
20 CW, plus HC1WDT.

Thanks to all the participants including many QSO party regulars. Special
thanks to the mobiles, especially the ones who came over from Minnesota to put
on some of the less populated counties in northern and western Wisconsin.

I should be back mobile next year.

73

Jim
WI9WI