[3830] IARU W0LFA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W0LFA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 13:31:36 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: W0LFA
Operator(s): KL2A AA7XT
Station: W0LFA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Glade Park, CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:    67            7       3
   40:   374    70     29      23
   20:   574   170     39      34
   15:   184    15     19      21
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  1199   255     94      81  Total Score = 775,600

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Jon KL2A was visiting Grand Junction on business and decided to stick around for
an informal M/S at W0LFA with me (AA7XT). 10 was totally dead - never saw /
heard anything there. 15 marginal, signals generally weak and openings spotty.
20 and 40 in decent shape, 80 better than expected, however, we only went there
for a short run.

Jon made most of the CW QSOs.

The late night openings over the north are great fun, but we miss when this
summer nighttime propagation included 15m into EU!

Antennas were F12 Magnum 340 620, XR3-NV Plus, and 80m wire GP. Rig was
Flex-6700 and an Alpha 9500 kindly loaned for the weekend by Jerry K0DU.

Had a UX1 station call us on 40m when propagation from Ukraine was very
unlikely (08:26z). According to this guy's QRZ page, he frequently operates
remote. However, he wasn't signing /W. We deleted this from our contest log as
seems appropriate.

Bill AA7XT