[3830] SS CW KZ5D Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KZ5D Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:59:00 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  144
   40:  125
   20:  331
   15:   54
   10:
------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

This was going to be the year that I would finally get a full time go in the SS.
Alas, it was not to be. Several family issues cropped up, so I had to settle for
limited time. Started to avoid the whole thing, but the adrenaline took over
when the clock hit 21z. Knew I could spend 2 hours at the start, so decided to
see how close I would be to the "big guys." things turned out fairly
well with hours of 93 and 94 Qs. Very difficult to walk away at 23z after such
a great start. Next opportunity came after midnight. Got back in the chair at
0515z and found 80 to be better than 40 here, so managed 2 more hours. Put in 5
more Sunday morning and finished my sweep. Was able to sneak in for 1 more hour
late on Sunday for a grand total of 10 out of a possible 24 hours. Ugh. Lots of
fun, but just not enough of it in my case. Congrats to all the gang for good
scores and fine show of CW skills.