[3830] CQWW CW TM2Y(@F6BEE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TM2Y(@F6BEE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 17:44:53 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TM2Y
Operator(s): F5PHW F6ARC F6BEE F6DZD
Station: F6BEE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NW France
Operating Time (hrs): 47:44

  160:  349    14       69
   80: 1147    31      104
   40: 1301    37      140
   20: 1238    35      125
   15:  744    33      110
   10:   31     6       22
------------------------------

Club: Clipperton DX Club

Comments:

Murphy visited before and during the contest, adding radio and house troubles to
the bad propagation. We worked many hours on Thursday PM to fix receive antennas
: replacing the coax on K9AY, replacing a coax connector on the NW beverage
after stringing it temporarily on my neighbor's fields, and cleaning / drying
the reflective transformer on the NE/SW beverage. Then we discovered at night
that the 160m shunt fed tower was arching with as low as 300 Watts. It took
some time on Friday to locate and fix the isolation problem at the output of
the matching network. After that, we had to climb twice one of the 24m towers
to re-align the 40m yagi mast that turned in the rotor with the high winds of
previous week. Had also to climb the 15m tower to do the same on the big 10m
beam. During the contest, we discovered that 2 rotor controllers were giving
none or false directions. The 15m rotor also had troubles to turn on Sunday
....   To summarize, rotors are the weak point of the station, right after the
big masses that usually stay between the chair and the radio.
A domestic issue kept busy 3 of the 4 operators for a couple of hours early
afternoon on Sunday.
Nevertheless, we are all happy to have been in The Contest, despite the poor
conditions. I'm afraid we will have the same for the coming 6 or 7 years.
Thanks to all that gave us QSO points.