[3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 04:05:40 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

  160:
   80:   37    31
   40:  255    53
   20:  124    42
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  416   126  Total Score = 52,416

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. Both
N3UM and W3GB were available for NAQP CW, and eager to try our
brand-new antenna, a JK2040 Falcon just installed Thurs. 8/3 on
our 85-ft. tower. The Falcon has 2 elements on 40 m. and 4 el.
on 20 m, interleaved on a 27-ft. boom.

The first 3 hr. 18-21Z we made 159 QSOs and 58 mults, N3UM CQing
on 40 while W3GB did fast click-&-pounce on 20-m.  The next few
hrs. were slower as we and others took supper breaks.

Rate picked up after 00Z, 53 Qs 00-01Z and 59 01-02Z.  At 02Z
N3UM found 40 m. rate still good, but W3GB saw few Qs and no mults
on 20 so he went to 80 m. for the first time and did well, QC to
FL in the east and NM to the west.  After 03Z rates slowed and
fatigue from our intense antenna party caught up with us.
Our last Q at was at 0315Z.

We worked 7 of 13 VE provinces, 4 NA countries, and 46 states.
Missed DC, DE, NE, ND, and AK.  We are delighted with our new
antenna.  It has a power gain of about 6 on 40 m., so ERP in
NAQP was equivalent to running 600 Watts to our old inverted V.