[3830] CQWW SSB W7AT(W7EW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lew@dsl-only.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W7AT(W7EW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 04:04:14 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7AT
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7AT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

  160:   17     7        9
   80:   29     8       17
   40:   85    19       42
   20:  145    23       56
   15:  320    25       65
   10:  104    13       20
------------------------------

Club: The Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

So I got a lot of things done over the weekend including participating in this
phone contest. Banished a lot of common mode problems when the bands would get
funky. I'd now put a ferrite on a cat if I thought it would remotely help my
station....or the cat.
    Slept > 8 hours each night although stayed up here on the west coast USA
Sat night/ early sunday morning to see if I could hear some EU stations on 80M.
I could hear a bunch of them but only GM2T has the thoughtfulness to make his
RX as good as his TX. Maybe the CW contest edition in a month will afford us
west coasters the opportunity to work our EU friends on 80M.
    Random contest thoughts:
   10M opened up much better Sunday as compared to Saturday on west coast USA
   When VE3EJ switches his 160M TX toward you and away from EU, it will make
the average contester incontinent- very nice effect!
    Heard an EA Op graciously ask a LY Op to move further away on the top of
15M when the LY plopped down for a run...and the LY Op moved down.
    I think my 25 year old antennas need to be brought up to date or I need to
go where there is salty water around
    See you in the WW-CW in a month and then in that fabulous demonstration of
TopBand Contesting at the end of the year in The Stew Perry TopBand Challenge.