[3830] CQWW VHF KX7L SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KX7L SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 00:24:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KX7L
Operator(s): KX7L
Station: KX7L

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CN87
Operating Time (hrs): 8

    6:  87     43
    2:   9      4
-------------------
Total:  96     47  Total Score = 4,935

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

My best score in this contest since 2013. Not as many QSO's as that year, but
more mults!  Lots of fun, with 6m opening almost at the start on Saturday, and
staying open to somewhere until well into the evening.  Of course up here in the
PNW we were all jealous of the Europeans we could hear the guys in the SW
working.  Which seemed to cause an issue with FT8 operation:  Before the band
opened on Saturday, it seemed like 80% of the ops up here were using
"contest mode"  but when the band opened to the SW, that ratio flipped
- more like 80% weren't.  Was it because the Europeans don't use it, and they
just turned it off?  Instead of speeding QSO's up, as intended, the effect
seemed to be to slow them down, if the other guy is in the other mode.  Still, I
had a blast, and worked several new grids including CN77, which is "right
next door" but always elusive until now.  Thanks for the Q's!