[3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 06:08:36 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 9:59

  160:
   80:   57    25
   40:  251    47
   20:  326    52
   15:   17    13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  651   137  Total Score = 89,187

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Magnolia

Comments:

What great fun these NAQP runs are!!!  I wish I could have done better, but had
multiple interruptions.

First, a bottle of carbonated water exploded all over my computer, desk, keyer,
paddle, and paperwork during a big run on 20 meters when my rate was >100.
So, I had to shut down completely and clean all that stuff up, then make sure I
left no sticky residue behind.

Next, I had to stop and help take care of my wife.  About 1.5 weeks ago, she
fell hard on her way to the bathroom and broke her right shoulder.  Her right
arm is still purple and blue...starting to get that weird yellow color where
some of the bruising has subsided.  Still on pain meds and Ibuprofen, plus
muscle relaxers at night.  The orthopedist told her she also tore rotator cuff
muscles, but they have to do x-rays every two weeks until healing reaches the
point that they know what to do next.  Poor thing.
Kathy and I started 'going together' when she was in 6th grade and I was in 9th
-- April 20, 1963.  I'm now 70 and she's 66, so we're no young bucks, even
though I feel like I'm 28 in my mind.  Still tons of energy here.
But, when she needs me to help her, there is NO WAY I'm staying on this radio.
Nope, I jump up in the middle of a QSO, if necessary, and take care of my best
friend.

I suppose some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking that this is all TMI.
But, in spite of these interruptions, I beat my Winter CW NAQP score...and that
suits me.

'Twas fantastic working so very many of my CWOps friends!

Best of luck to everyone!

73,
Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  CW Ops#1327
Tupelo, MS
Flex 6600M-100W into 273\' loop @ 40 ft