[3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 18:41:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  107    27
   80:  192    40
   40:  302    50
   20:  319    48
   15:   45    25
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  970   194  Total Score = 188,180

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Northwest 1

Comments:

Wow, it was disappointing at first, very limited sporadic E after many openings
every day since Tuesday including first ever 10M Es Q's with UA3,UA2,UR,and OH0.

There was sporadic E on 20 in the afternoon early PM, and by 02Z it was fairly
widespread on 40 and stayed that way.  Starting around It was hard to work
fellow PVRC'ers until about 0045Z on 40. There was impressive activity from CA
on 20, and VE3, OH, IN, IL, and WI on the low bands. I kept up a decent QSO rate
throughout, but things picked up a bit when I went to 40 just after 20Z.
Unfortunately, I had very loud line noise on 40 (almost nothing to west on 20)
and enough to hamper 15 and 10 from the start until around 24Z. I hung out on 20
a little longer than optimum, then mercifully at 0024Z when I returned to 40 it
was gone. I would guess it cost me 10-20K.

The thunderstorm static level was amazingly at seasonal lows and signals were
very loud on 40 and 80 which made the low bands the best bands. 160 was good
only to about the MS River. I had good runs throughout and at 0337-0430Z 40 was
open nearly everywhere with very low noise. It was a first for me to work VY1,
KH6, and KL7 on both 20 and 40! I was a bit to busy running to chase down mults,
but from 20 down most were on the air. I heard nothing from WV! I heard no
VE4's, VY2's, VO's or RI and heard DE only once.

Thanks for all of the Q's and waiting at times. A few guys kept getting beaten
by others I could tell. I was on the receiving end of that wait too especially
trying S&P on 80, but many booming stations answered my CQ's.

73, Jeff