[3830] 222Up KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 22:16:17 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  105  Total Score = 63,599

Club: Lake Ontario Group and RVHFG

Team:

Comments:

This was a good contest made great by a handful of people. Special thanks to
VE3CRU/R who I had 8 grid combinations with. This is quite amazing since the
only way to coordinate with Bill is to setup skeds, point his way, and hope for
the best. We made 39 of the possible 40 contacts missing just one 2.3G contact.
Another member of the newly formed team "Lake Ontario Group" was
VE3DS. As a team mate it was important for me to try to make as many contacts as
possible with team members. As a result, I made many more contacts with Dana
that I normally would have for the benefit of both of us. We made contacts from
a location where I would not normally have tried and it worked out on a couple
of bands.

K1RZ likely provided the most points in my log. At over 400km per contact and
reliable contacts up to 2.3G, those band multipliers help the score go up quite
a bit.

Best DX was a random encounter with K1GX who I heard on 432 SSB finishing a
contact with a VE3 and I happened to be in line with this bearing. We worked up
to 1296 making a new record for me on the band of 480km (300 miles).

Though I carried 3.4, 5.7, and 10G, my only completed contact for these bands
was with VE3ZV on 3.4G. At over 163km, he nearly pins the S-meter on the FT-817
on that band, which impresses me every time.

My only equipment issue is my ongoing battle with the demons in my 222 gear.
They were out in full force for this event making things more challenging than
they needed to be. My only saving grace was the knowledge that my new transverse
would be here before the September contest and this should be my last time
dealing with these demons.

I enjoy mixing things up with distance scoring and look forward to next years
event.