[3830] 222Up VE3CRU/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up VE3CRU/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 18:37:36 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  70  Total Score = 23,435

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team: Lake Ontario Group

Comments:

This contest saw a lack of needed participants as it was a holiday weekend in
Ontario.  Traffic was stop and go,creep and crawl for first 25 miles east,
ugghhh.  Many thanks to Jarred KF2MR/R for picking me up in 8 grid combo's
stretching across Lake Ontario, running 5 bands at my end, I only missed one
2304 qso due  to dense trees and foliage at FN14ba, was predictable.  Being
unable to use the rotator due to no use of generator, the steering wheel is very
crude aiming on higher bands and very limiting when parked at the side of the
road, but I managed.

Saturday I headed for home at 8 pm to avoid driving when excessively tired..  On
the road to EN93 Sunday at 7:15, grabbing a qso with Dana VE3DS enroute.  Tried
a sked  with  K1TEO at 9 on 222, no luck. Only got 1 qso on Saturday with team
member VE3DS but made up for it on Sunday.  Used a new site at EN94va to shorten
the travel time and it worked well. Headed to FN04 but so many hills and trees
there I only got qso's with VE3DS and VE3ZV at FN04bb.  Then south to FN03cv for
more with VE3DS.  Time up.

Many issues with power connector on 902, calling on a dead rig at times.  The
power connector on rear of 910H failed several times, even after substituting
another used power cord.  The 910H failure was easy to spot as rig was on my
right, facing sideways.  All antennas performed well.

Thanks  to the ARRL for bring in distance scoring for this contest, a much
needed change and to all serving to manage the contest.  Thanks also to all who
participated including those giving us points.

Also, thanks to Tom Mayo N1MU for the upgraded Roverlog I used for the first
time.

Looking forward to next year.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R