[3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 01:27:34 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 28h49m

   80:  105   110    92
   40:  264   232   102
   20:  626   624    90
   15:   38    15    34
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1033   981   318  Total Score = 640,452

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Best performance EVER for this station in this contest. I surpassed my goal of
topping last year's score, and that's the fun of it! The improved performance of
the KX3->KXPA100->Acom 1000 is due to the improved antenna system on 15
and 20. W4TMO and I added 10 feet to the 54-foot Rohn 45 tower, and I managed to
get the Acom 8-element LP up there by myself on Thursday prior to the contest.
It played very well, but isn't competitive with multi-element yagis, that's for
sure.
I was delighted at the discipline showed by the Europeans in the pileups...what
a pleasure. On the bad side, I wasn't pleased with US stations moving in on my
frequency and deliberately QRM'ing me (like calling CQ incessantly with no
regard to replies!) I could have stayed and worked stations with some difficulty
while not relinquishing the frequency, but after a few minutes of this
persistence I decided to move on and let the other station feel proud of
him/herself! Oh well...
Thanks to the DARC for another fine contest.