[3830] NAQP SSB K7XC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7XC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 06:50:29 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: N NV - DM09jh
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   11     6
   80:   16     7
   40:   38    26
   20:  116    34
   15:    2     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  184    76  Total Score = 13,984

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #3

Comments:

Started the contest a bit late on my very old IC-746 which has slowly been
dying. Lately it barely manages 60W out. Struggling on low power phone is not
fun at the bottom of the cycle, add to that barely managing half power out, it
got so frustrating I stopped the contest an hour into operating and from scratch
installed from a Flex-3000 that a friend loaned me. Having no experience with
their system, I managed to find and download the required files to get started.
Once started the KE9NS POWER-SDR software automatically upgraded to the current
version. It then said to run it it needed to update the 3000's firmware. The
newly upgraded radio/software package is a fabulous improvement from what I
originally had installed. With the contest over I now need to research the many
SDR options as well as integrate N1MM+ & WSJT-X operation to turn it into
one hell of a Contest/DX rig! The 3000 ran 100W into, 3 ele 20M yagi at 43ft,
40/80 fan inv vees at 37ft, and a 160M inv L at 30ft. The midday conditions on
40M were “Absolutely Fabulous” as I was working the Midwest / East Coast
before 11AM! Never done that before. Thankfully I was able to meet my goal of 4
- 6  hours of BIC time for the club effort. Thanks to those who pulled me out of
the noise. Tnx to my new neighbor, Dan - W3TWO, for 6 NV mults! CW Rules! SSB
Sucks!
KB! NCCC Team #3