[3830] SARTG V31VP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG V31VP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 20:50:15 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: V31VP
Operator(s): V31VP
Station: V31VP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 6:19

   80:   42   480    22
   40:   63   725    25
   20:  105  1155    32
   15:   15   165    13
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  225  2525    92  Total Score = 232,300

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

IC-7300, Expert Amps 1.3K-FA, A3S w/40m kit at 63 feet, 80m inverted Vee at 55
feet.
N1MM+ with both an MMTTY and a 2 Tone decoder.

Propagation, as feared, was abysmal. The plan was to operate all of the first
session, maybe a bit of the second (before diving into the NAQP SSB test) and
maybe a bit of third.

I never made to to 0800Z on the first session.  By 0500Z there simply wasn't
anyone to work.  Propagation had died and the few stations left on the bands
that I could hear, I'd already worked.  I'm sure I could have turned in a better
score if I'd operated more than just over 9 hours.  I worked the first 90
minutes of the  2nd session before calling it quits to get ready for NAQP SSB.
Given that the third session starts at 2 AM local time, the lousy prop and other
plans for Sunday AM,  I never bothered with it.

It was great to run across BARTG friends John, GW0A(GW4SKA) and Chris, G8APB who
I had the pleasure of first meeting when we were part of the 3DA0ET Dxpedition
back in 2013.

Thanks to those who I successfully moved from 20m to 15m to squeeze out a few
more mults.

Kudos to SARTG for sponsoring the contest.  I really like the 8 hours on, 8 off,
8 on, 8 off, 8 on format. I wish more contests would do that, as it lets a
single op get some sleep but still cover all 24 clock hours in a weekend.

Thanks again to Andre (DL1AS/V31DL) and Monika for the use of the station and
their great hospitality on this my 10th trip to their Maya Hill Lodge in the
last 2 years.

73,
Victor V31VP (WB0TEV)