[3830] NAQP SSB N7MZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N7MZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 07:27:58 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     8
   40:  208    39
   20:  197    40
   15:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  416    88  Total Score = 36,608

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Wagon Trails

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's NAQP Contest Log 4.7
CONTEST: NAQP-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 10 HRS
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 36608
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-706MK2G,Heil Pro Micro Headset using VOX,Vectronics HFT-1500
Manual Tuner for 20 and 80 Meters only,and a ZS6BKW (modified G5RV) up 50 feet,
running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from Grid Square DN71 in Laramie County
Wyoming. The short skip on 20 meters was interesting. The only band more noisy
than 40 meters was 80.My log consisted of 50% 40 meter contact,47% 20 meter
contacts,and 80 meters made up only 2% of all contacts.I did beat my 2017 score
in spite of virtually no sun spots for this contest.Belize,Hawaii,and Turks and
Caicos Islands were my only DX worked.Nine Canadian stations comprised 2% of
total.Highest contact count for the top four states was 74 Q's worked in
CA,followed by 34 in IL.,and AZ and TX tied for 28 contacts each.Nice to work
fellow GMCC Club members W0ETT Ken in CO and WC7S,Dale from across town. I was
asked to move to another band by a few stations,with only one "no joy"
 attempt at a good Q. Several stations were worked on a second or third band.
Rapid signal fading, nearby storms, and  zero contacts on 15 meters made this a
real slug fest! I did manage to get a single contact on 10 meters. I was
inspired by a QST Contesting article authored by Scott,N3FJP,that described
using an on line scoreboard website, and enjoyed watching my progress as I
bounced etween 19th to 14th place in this event.Thanks to all that provided much
needed fills at times. NAQP is always a fun but challenging event for a 100 watt
"Boy and his Wire" station like mine. Already counting down the days
until the Jan NAQP SSB event is held!. 73, November Seven Many Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG: