[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6rf@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:30:34 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA K7NV W1XE KV0Q K0RF K6BFL KK0ECT
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  330    27       86
   80:  561    33      112
   40: 1163    38      142
   20: 1308    38      145
   15:  173    22       64
   10:   41    12       23
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Well, that was fun in spite of some less-than-ideal circumstances. We had good
food, and great, old-standby operators W0UA, K7NV, W1XE, KV0Q. WE added two new
operators, KK0ECT and K6BFL. Our tried and true ops did their usual magic and
our new operators did a great job of learning the station and operating
practices, contributing significantly to our operation. I hope to see them get
bitten by the contesting bug.

We really suffered with conditions out here in the Western part of the US.
Everyone seems to be reporting lower scores this year than last but it hit us a
lot worse. We had periods of time when 10 minutes would go by and no QSOs were
made. OUCH.

We had 3 of our team this year who couldn't participate and only added 2 new ops
(both new to M/M contesting). Also, all but 3 of our operators had to leave
before the end of the contest leaving W0UA, K7NV and K0RF to hop from chair to
chair in the final hours to try and catch as many of the available QSOs as
possible. So we only had seven operators, and going by hours spent by each, we
an equivalent of 5 dedicated operators. I think that this, when added to the
terrible conditions we experienced, accounted for our roughly 2 million point
deficit compared to last year.

Most of the repairs that we did prior to the contest held up and did their job.
I had a lot of help from W0UA, W8XAL and K7NV that really reduced the number of
climbs I had to make to get everything working.  Much appreciated!!

I hope to get a better score in the next effort but for now I will be satisfied
to have been able to give it another go for my 60th run in this contest.

73 and thanks for all the QSOs

Chuck and the Crew.