[3830] NAQP CW K5RM M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5RM M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 17:12:43 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K5RM
Operator(s): K5RM K5LG K5GO N5DX
Station: K5RM

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  310    48
   80:  759    61
   40:  573    63
   20:  456    58
   15:   70    16
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2168   246  Total Score = 533,328

Club:

Team:

Comments:

First would like to congratulate the teams of W2FU and N5ZO for their
outstanding job for keeping all of us on toes.  It was nice to look at the
scores on the live contest scoreboard.

I didn't think our team was going to be able operate early that morning, due to
me going to Wal-Mart for a few last minute supplies, when getting out of my
truck, I twisted my back and just about going to the ground from it.  I did
manage to get into Wal-Mart for the supplies and then texted everyone to let
them know what happen.  I went home and laid on the couch for a few hours and
started to feel better.  So I let everyone know that I was going to try to
operate the contest.  I managed it, but had to get a replacement every now and
then to take my position at the radio so I could get up and walk around to
stretch my back.

We started off on 15 and 20 mtrs keeping an eye out on 10 but never did hear
anyone on 10.  15 was only good for us to the NW.  We missed several mults by
not hearing anything to our NE.  Our Qso and Mult count was down from last year
on 15 due to that. We did stay on 15 for about 2 hours until we just couldn't
stand the low rate anymore and went to 40 a little earlier than we wanted too.
80 was our best band this time and 160 wasn't too bad, but not as much activity
as we hopped for.  We were running out of mults and people to work on the band
about 2 hrs before the contest ended, but stuck it out and had a few mults call
us and also would keep and eye on skimmer spots for new mults too show up.  All
in all we had a good time as usual and looking forward to the next comtest we
can work together.  Still making some improvements to station.  Moved my NE
& NW beverage's this fall, and they seem to be working better and more
selectivity.  Didn't have time to move the SE beverage like I wanted but that
will be a spring job I guess.

Again want to Congratulate the team of W2FU and there fine score, and also the
team of N5ZO who took a blazing lead at the start of the contest who we thought
we could catch up when going to the low bands.

73's
John