[3830] NAQP SSB W1SJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1SJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:50:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   92    27
   80:  339    38
   40:  228    29
   20:  250    39
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  909   133  Total Score = 120,897

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Team:

Comments:

I didn't expect much this time, given the very slack conditions.
And they were very weird. By 5:45 PM both 20 and 40 were all done as far as
producing rates.

I started as a house on fire with a 146 rate on 20 with low power into 0 SSN
conditions. I was hopeful that I would finally break 1000 in the phone NAQP. But
it ran out of gas quickly at 1948 - not even 3 PM here!  40 had a great rate for
a bit, but I decided to go back to 20 to pick up more mults. However, it was
played out and the rates were lackluster. 40m took over from there, and the same
deal - great rates for an hour or so, and then it went right into the dumper.  I
nervously jumped down to 80m at a very early 2244 and was able to get things
charged right up. I tried a quick run to 40 meters at 0022 and the only thing I
was getting was FL, so I bailed out and stayed on 80, which was doing well.
Eventually it ran out of gas and I tried to pick up Q's on 160, but the runs
into a very noisy band were very short. I finally got a good 160m run in the
last 30 minutes, albeit everyone was in the noise!  I'm glad this one was over
in 10 hours!

Can I buy a sunspot?
Mitch