[3830] CQ160 CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 13:54:42 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

Total:  QSOs = 120  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 7  Total Score = 11,760

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My wife asked "How was the contest". The answer was "Greatly
exceeded my very low expectations".

Operation from the Florida condo, with a new 160 antenna put up shortly after
Christmas, a quarter wave inverted L, about sixty feet vertical, with two 130
foot radials lying on the ground. Heard lots of Europeans, but none heard me.
Lots of times calling a guy up north I got beat out by a European or maybe even
an Asiatic Russian. OTOH working the Zone 8/9 guys is pretty easy from Florida.
ZF5T was probably the loudest signal other than K5KG who is three miles away.

This was Friday night only. See my W3USA report for Saturday.

73  -  Jim  K8MR