[3830] IARU OH2HQ Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OH2HQ Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 13:16:23 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: OH2HQ
Operator(s): OG9X OH1JD OH1NX OH1TM OH1TX OH2BCI OH2BH OH2BO OH2CV OH2GEK OH5BM
OH5CZ OH6BG OH6GDX OH6KZP OH6NVC OH6QU OH6UM OH6XX OH7CW OH7WP OH7WV
Station: OH2HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   406    163     7       32
   80:   840    709    22       37
   40:  1489   1060    39       46
   20:  2575   1972    52       58
   15:  1403   1105    40       48
   10:  1252    700    25       32
-------------------------------------
Total:  7965   5709   185      253  Total Score = 19,910,604

Club:

Comments:

A weekend of crashes: summer static, software, network, you name it. Still, we
had a lot of fun!

The HQ category gave great latitude for the COVID-19 era. In our case, OH2HQ was
distributed around to 12 powerful stations around Finland, and the idea was to
network them with a joint log/chat.

Everything seemed good during our checks in earlier weeks, but the real-time
contest loading was too much for the network. Consequently our joint log and
multiplier/station moves suffered greatly.

Nonetheless, thanks to our backup WhatsApp group we still felt like one big
multi/multi. We also managed to score a new claimed OH record in the HQ
category. The current record of 16.7M is held by OI2HQ from 2002, with an
international operator roster during the Finnish WRTC.

Next year the Finnish Radio Amateur League (SRAL) will be 100 years old. Please
keep your ears tuned for a special celebratory call in 2021!

On behalf of the team,
Kim OH6KZP
OH2HQ 2020 -- Stations and operators:

160 CW: @OG9W, ops. OH2BCI & OH2CV