[3830] SAC SSB VK2CZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB VK2CZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 02:48:39 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: QF22nh
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   9      5
   20:  41     22
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  50     27  Total Score = 1,835

Club:

Comments:

Apart from 3 or 4 'big' Scandinavian stations, most stations were just out of
the noise, indeed, it felt exactly like operating a QRP station..  except that I
wasn't..   waiting between 30 minutes sessions on the radio brought about a
refreshed 'new set' of stations to work.

At the contest outset, only managed to hear and work OG/OH stations, later
shifting to 8S/SK/SM stations and finally LA/OZ..  Only one log path opening
peaking directly over the South Pole, then shifting to 120 degrees after 30
minutes.

Was really surprised to work 40m into probable daytime in Scandinavia..!
Conditions seemed to smile, even with a 4SQ array here.

I do hope to negotiate a seat at an LA station once travel restrictions lift..
planning to visit my daughter in Trondheim within the next 2 years..  Would love
to get a feel for the 'other' end.. Only had an hour on air from SK0CT in Kista
back in 1989..

David Burger VK2CZ