[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:09:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1PM LZ1ZD LZ2UU LZ3RR LZ4AE LZ3UP LZ1PJ LZ2CJ LZ1BJ LZ3FM LZ1FG
LZ2HQ LZ1VS
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1238    23       77
   80:  2406    30      102
   40:  4373    36      123
   20:  2728    35      128
   15:  1957    36      129
   10:   378    27       76
-------------------------------

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

It was a nice contest, in spite of few small technical problems.
It is just one time since we started LZ9W M/M activity in 2003 when we were able
to make over 13 000 QSOs in CQWW CW - in 2014 (13950 QSOs)and it was at the peak
of last cycle.

So, QSOs and total points are more than in 2019, but for understandable reasons
multiplier total is significantly less.

Finally after so many years we now have an excellent set of receiving antennas
for top band. A full size vertical is to be added to transmitting antennas on
160m in spring of 2021.

One more time 7 el Delta Loop fixed to USA proved to be our killer antenna for
40m. For these 17 years of activity as M/M that is the first time we made over
4000 QSOs in 48 hours on 40m band. Thank you LZ4AE, LZ3UP and LZ1PJ. THANK you
to Sinisa YT1NT for designing this antenna for us.

If I remember correctly there was no station in M/M category in Europe which
made over 4300 QSOs on 40m CW in CQWW.

Final note - if you can buy and use FTDX101D in contests do it.
It's an excellent radio for contesting.

Thank you to guys at YT5A for the race, too.
CR3W M/M Team took part in another contest ;-) of course.

THANK YOU ALL for QSOs.
See you in WPX SSB in March 2021

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team.