[3830] NA Sprint CW K0EU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K0EU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 16:33:35 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   95    1.33
   40:  117    1.33
   20:   89    1.33
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Ski Racers

Comments:

I like the new start time as it allowed me to make a substantial number of QSOs
on 20M. However, I did make a mental mistake in thinking the contest started at
5 local instead of 4. Luckily, I happened to peek at the panadapter for 20M as I
passed by the ham shack door at 4:05 PM. A huge mountain of signals told me I
had missed the start! First QSO with N5KO at 2306Z. Things went smoothly after
that. Dodged a big bullet there.

In this contest, the mults can make you or break you. I got lucky on several
mults that called me, with low serial numbers. Found N7IV CQing all alone for
ND. Steve KL7SB called me twice for AK. Great activity level overall. The usual
suspects are all at the top of the heap again, even with the time change. Still,
my vote is to keep the new start time. Would be nice to find some other weekend
with fewer concurrent contests, but the slate is pretty full every weekend in
February. Thank you to the ops in BC, MN, and VT that took the time from their
QSO parties to work us in the sprint.

Thanks Ken W0ETT for putting together the GMCC teams. I think I managed to work
about half of the team members.

73 Randy (aka Ken) K0EU