[3830] WPX SSB K5FUV SOAB Classic Unassisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K5FUV SOAB Classic Unassisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 13:52:57 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K5FUV
Operator(s): K5FUV
Station: K5FUV

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic Unassisted
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    2
   80:   10
   40:   28
   20:  254
   15:   72
   10:   45
------------

Club: Arkansas DX Association

Comments:

Went into this one without motivation. I do not like the rules change. Justice
to see that unassisted ops are at the top of the HP listings.

Also, woke up Friday with a mild reaction from second Covid shot (pharmacist XYL
says that means it's working). Also thunderstorms were in the area, so
essentially tried to start in the second hour, but gave up quickly because the
static crashes were too bad. Woke late Saturday, because of the new rules
decided to do Classic overlay, and because of static started on Splatter City,
aka 20 meters. No fun, so went to 15 meters, 10 meters, and watching F1
qualifying. Got in a short run on 20M at 2100Z, shortly thereafter watched my
Razorbacks in the NCAA and bagged it for the night (thunderstorms).

XYL's shift at the hospital is early, so up at 0900Z for Sunday, which was
uneventful. Static on 160, slightly less static on 80, no 80m JA, didn't want to
spend time working Ws, as this was never going to be a serious effort. I noticed
that a lot of the usual suspects weren't there on 20M, but more Russians than in
the RUDX from last week. Still, the loud stations weren't hearing me. I miss my
20 meter stack. 15 was good, but SA doesn't answer CQ, yet they're loud. PYs
make for a lot of prefixes, as do (to a lesser extent) CEs. 10Meters wasn't as
good on Sunday, but still plenty of signal strength, just not enough
participation. Worked a couple of EU on 15 Sunday, heard more, they couldn't
hear me.

Worked lees than I should have, just not up to it this time.