[3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:40:37 +0000

  3.4:   16     5
  5.7:    9     4
  10G:   10     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  409    97  Total Score = 87,203

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

It is nice to be back to contesting (a year off) and great to have another 10
band fixed station in the area (N2JMH). I managed a 4 grid sweep with N2WK on
all 10 bands. We also had a 10 band rover (W2EV/R) in the area which helped a
lot. It was a great couple of days. No digital this contest. I admit I didn't
miss it very much however I know I will have to add it again if I choose to be
competitive at some point in the future. I missed out on a few 5&10G
contacts I should have been able to make. These two bands remain my biggest area
for improvement. Another rover gave me a warning about oncoming weather so I
packed up and headed home early. The rain was so heavy I could barely see the
last few miles of my trip home. The thunder and lightning came next, then the
hail just as I walked through my front door.