[3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:36:30 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0      0      264  Total Score = 1,106

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Score includes 50 points for web upload to ARRL site.

All FT4 this time out. While Field Day is not a contest, it's a good testbed for
digital modes. Conclusion: FT4 works but is not contest-ready without some
process changes in WSJT-X to better confirm a QSO is complete. Lost at least 30
percent of QSOs to stations not responding to second or third requests for
repeats (waiting for their RR73). Instead, I think they sent RR73 and just moved
on without waiting to see if I sent their info again, which indicates I didn't
get their final acknowledgment.

At this stage of development, I would be inclined to not accept FT4 as a
suitable mode for actual contests. Many FD logs will contain phantom FT4 QSOs
that were never completed.

Still, it was good to be in there providing contacts to all those hard-working
Field Day sites. Great signals from portable setups!