[3830] ARRL FD WD8DSB 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd8dsb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD WD8DSB 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:43:24 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  630     0       0  Total Score = 2,520

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Used Field Day 2021 to test out a homebrew 40 meter EFHW antenna I recently
built.  Installed the EFHW antenna 20 feet up in the trees in my wooded backyard
during the first hour of Field Day.  After making 5 contacts on 20 meters CW I
decided to focus on 40 meters CW during the rest of Field Day to see how well
the antenna played.  Wound up making 625 contacts on 40 meters CW including New
Zealand, France, and Germany which was a pleasant surprise.  Total operating
time was 12 hours, and was very pleased with how well the 40 meter EFHW antenna
worked.  Hope to be back out in the field for next years Field Day.
73, Don (wd8dsb)