[3830] ARRL FD K3WJV 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K3WJV 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:25:01 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  581     4      212  Total Score = 1,590

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The last few years I've did a big 1D effort but this year was just fooling
around.  Started out just working friends and snappy cw Q's but eventually I did
some running Sunday afternoon.  The big addition this year was FT4 & 8.  I
never saw anybody working in the "suggested" digital window by the
ARRL so it was a free for all in the small normal windows.  Also couldn't
understand why a lot more didn't go FT4 for much quicker contacts & rates.
Oh well, its not a contest, remember?

Lots of digital went on well past 2pm. As I always recalled once it hit 2pm
there was a big void of much activity.  Our regular group tried it one year to
operate the full 27 hours and it wasn't long before we just packed up and
boogied the site.

Had a lot of fun as I always do in Field Day.  I decided to just run the amp at
half or less to be loud and work everyone I called, hi, plus it was nice when I
did run Sunday afternoon and tried to work all the weak guys answering me.  Some
were close to esp.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger