[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K5QE Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K5QE Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:27:52 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2021

Call: K5QE
Operator(s): K5QE N5YA K2EZ KI5OKK KV5W
Station: K5QE

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 33

    6:  175    98
    2:  198   117
  222:   31    23
  432:   35    21
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  439   259  Total Score = 129,241

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

We started out very slow.  Over the evening and into the morning on Sunday, we
had a good run on FT8, working some 1000mile contacts on 2M on Sunday morning
into the NE.  People are learning how to run FT8, although there are still the
idiots sending the funny little numbers in a contest.  On Sunday in the later
evening, I was alone at the shack.  I discovered that it is possible to run 4
stations at night with only one operator, by just watching the screens and
hitting "Enable TX" whenever one of them finishes a contact and stops
sending.  It is crude, but it worked.  Late in the evening on Sunday, we got a
small opening into CA on 6M FT8.  I worked several W6 stations before the little
opening collapsed.  This was not a great contest for us, as we did not have
enough operators.  However, we did the best possible and in the end, we had a
decent score.  73 to all...Marshall K5qe