[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:13:46 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 12

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   5      4
   80:  14     12
   40:  11      7
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  30     23  Total Score = 690

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I knew things were going to be rough on the high bands - no spots from Reverse
Beacon Net on 20 or 15.  Heard Lar, K7SV on 20 just before the bell almost at
ESP level - he gave me a generous 339, but my power line arc noise is stronger
than that!  It was hard to pick out the weaker stations who heard me on 40 amid
the big signals there.  When KW8N switches his 80 meter TX antenna to favor the
Northeast, his signal jumps up 3 S-units, maybe more - to borrow N3QE's favorite
expression, "Wowza!"

I was glad to work a few NS regulars last weekend in the SS CW.  Tonight I had
to use the same power adjustment strategy as in SS to avoid logging computer
lockup - I can run 100 watts on 40 meters and up, but have to drop to 10 watts
on 80 and 160 to keep the logging from freezing up.  Have been too busy getting
house in order for relatives coming at Thanksgiving to spend more time trying
ferrites.

Thanks to all for the Qs, and heard some 50+ numbers tonight at the end - well
done!

73, MikeNH