[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6rf@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:00:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): AA0RS K0RF K4EA K7NV KV0Q N50T W0UA W0ZP W1XE
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:  189    21       50
   80:  430    30       88
   40: 1291    37      121
   20: 2034    36      120
   15: 1018    35      122
   10:  109    18       35
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Hello again. Another Multi Multi operation completed. I started doing M/M in the
early 1960s at the W6RW QTH in Los Angeles. Next was a long stint at W6VSS/K6UA
fro Fallbrook, CA. Then came the K6SEN (K0RF) years (Norco, CA) followed by the
N6DX/K6SEN years (Rainbow Ridge, CA. Since moving to Colorado in 1976, there has
been continuous K0RF M/M activity. The only member of the original Colorado
teams still with me is W0UA. George has been a key supporter of the K0RF
operations from day one. Anyway, I have been doing this M/M thing for over six
decades and I still love it! Forgive me for the historical notes but I thought I
would just share it for anyone interested.

Our band coverage was as follows:

160 by AA0RS and K0RF
 80 by KV0Q
 40 by K7NV and N5OT
 20 by W0UA and W0ZP
 15 by K4EA and W1XE
 10 by K0RF

A critical part of operation in Colorado is to be able to make QSOs quickly
during our rather short openings to Europe compared to our Eastern competitors
and similarly shorter openings to Japan and Asia when compared to our Western
competitors. Everyone on the team is keenly aware of the necessity of moving
quickly when the band allows it and no one does this better than W0UA who ran
over 1000 European contacts in roughly 5 hours of solid openings from 1400 to
1630 Z on our two mornings. Together with Wayne, W0ZP who was remote from
Indiana, they broke into the 2000 qso range again on 20 meters. Similar efforts
by K7NV (remote from Nevada) and N5OT (remote from Oklahoma) on forty and K4EA
(remote from Georgia) and W1XE. Both teams made great efforts on their bands.

The low bands were superbly manned by Bill, KV0Q on 80 who was the first to use
the new 3 element Yagi in a contest and Dave, AA0RS(ex G3SZA) manning the 160
opening until European sunrise both nights. Dave's 160 experience is second to
none and made it possible to put 50 countries in the log on top band under
extremely tough conditions.  Getting the 80 meter Yagi up and working in its new
all-coil loaded form was a major task that was supported tirelessly by W0UA,
AA0RS, AA0RX, W8XAL and W2FU (for his hours of commiserating on matching, etc).
Bill, KV0Q used the Yagi and four square to put many difficult multipliers in
the log. Band conditions on 80 and 160 were just enough to allow the big
stations to make it into the log with very few of the smaller stations being
audible here.

All of our team members have been on the the team for many past contests with
the exception of our new member, N5OT. Mark did a great job for us via remote
connection.

All together our hybrid operation consisted of W0UA, W1XE, AA0RS, KV0Q and K0RF
at the home QTH and K7NV, K4EA, W0ZP and N5OT from their remote locations.

We all had a great time and look forward to improving conditions and the
opportunity to challenge our previous zero call area record of 18 million set in
2014 in a quest for that illusive 20 Million mark.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and all the fun!

73,

Chuck and the K0RF Team